Cleveland University-Kansas City began as a chiropractic college in 1922, its roots planted by pioneers in the profession. Chiropractic is still the cornerstone program at CU-KC, and the institution is proud to be recognized as one of the oldest nonprofit chiropractic colleges in the nation. The University is led by Dr. Carl S. Cleveland III, president, a third-generation chiropractor, and the grandson of the founders.
In 2015, Cleveland completed the final phase of its transition to University status. Building on the success of its existing degree programs — the Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C), the M.S. in Health Education and Promotion, the B.S. in Human Biology and the A.A. in Biological Sciences — Cleveland is evolving with the planned launch of several new health sciences programs in the near future.
Cleveland boasts a retreat-like campus setting on 34 picturesque acres in suburban Overland Park, Kan., part of the Kansas City metropolitan community. More than 90 years of history, tradition, knowledge and achievement went into the development of Cleveland’s state-of-the-art technology classrooms, labs and patient-care facilities, all of which lead to a better kind of health care.
At Cleveland, everything is connected to well-being. The institution’s mission is to promote health, wellness and vitality. Ultimately, the goal is to educate leaders in chiropractic and the health sciences to be the difference in health care.
- Our Vision
- Our Mission
- Our Core Values
- Our Doctor of Chiropractic Program Mission
- Undergraduate Program Mission
- Master of Science Program Mission
- Responsible and ethical behavior
- Honest and open communication
- Responsibility for our individual actions
- Highest quality in teaching, scholarship and service
- Embrace compassion
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Encourage an environment that attracts, nurtures and supports diversity
- Sensitivity to differences in learning styles, ideas and beliefs
- Partnerships, interaction and relationships
- Cooperative efforts to achieve our common goals
- Encourage activities and behaviors that contribute to a healthy lifestyle
- Chiropractic care is essential for optimizing health and well-being
- Intellectual curiosity
- Enthusiastic pursuit of new ideas
The Doctor of Chiropractic program mission lies in the areas of education, scholarship and service and in the advancement of chiropractic.
- The education mission of the institution is to prepare competent, entry-level doctors of chiropractic as primary health care providers and to offer continuing education for doctors of chiropractic.
- The scholarship mission of the institution is to conduct research and scholarly activities in areas related to chiropractic education and health care, and to collaborate with other institutions and health care providers in scholarly activities.
- The service mission of the institution is to provide health care and outreach services to the community, support services to alumni and other health care providers, and volunteer services to civic and professional organizations.