Be the difference in health care
Cleveland is made up of people who all want the same thing – to make a real difference in the health and lives of others. We provide a balanced approach in chiropractic and the health sciences and foster a community of students, faculty, staff and alumni who are tightly bonded by a shared passion to help each other succeed.
- Success Strategies
- Early Hands-On Exposure
- Balanced Curriculum
- Interdisciplinary and Preceptorship Opportunities
- History & Excellence
- Degree & Program Choices
The Success Strategies program provides our students and graduates the skills and services they need to succeed in the real world of private practice. These include:
- Career counseling (mentorships, goal setting, resumé and curriculum vitae writing, interviewing techniques, etc.)
- Demographic studies
- Business and marketing plans
- Practice management resources
- Business success skills
- New doctor seminars
- Information exchange with recent graduates
- Identifying practice opportunities (associateships, partnerships, practices for sale, space for rent, equipment for sale)
- Networking opportunities with alumni and other field practitioners
- Training in areas such as patient education, health presentations to the public and spinal screenings
The University's Health Center is a primary source of health care for many people in the Kansas City area. With thousands of patient visits each year, you will benefit from a wealth of clinical experiences. You can also participate in programs at the Veterans Administration Hospital and the Kansas City CARE Clinic, one of the largest community health clinics in the country. These programs provide real-world experience while you're still in school. Following graduation you can work side-by-side with a field doctor in Cleveland's nationwide preceptorship program.
For more than nine decades, Cleveland University-Kansas City has been the place to learn the science, philosophy and art of chiropractic. More than one in every 10 chiropractors practicing in North America is a Cleveland graduate. Cleveland is the only chiropractic college continuing under the leadership of a founding family member.
- The 10-trimester Doctor of Chiropractic degree can be completed in just under three and one-half years.
- Master of Science in Health Promotion
- An accelerated Bachelor of Science in Human Biology (the potential for a four-year degree in three years)
- Associate of Arts in Biological Sciences and accelerated pre-professional science courses you can complete in eight months