You should apply for admission as soon as you consider a Cleveland chiropractic career so that your Admissions Advisor can help you select appropriate pre-requisite courses. This could be during your first semester of college or, if you have completed some college or have decided to change your major, we can help you revise your academic plan.
Requirements for the Doctor of Chiropractic program
1. 3.00 cumulative GPA in college
2. 90 semester hours of college courses in the following areas:
- 6 hours of English or Communications
- 3 hours of Psychology
- 12 hours of Humanities and/or Social Sciences courses
- 24 hours of Life and Physical Sciences courses to include:
• Courses in Biology, Anatomy and Physiology
• 8 hours of General and Organic Chemistry is recommended
- Electives to fulfill the required 90 semester hours
Cleveland Chiropractic College follows the policies, standards and guidelines established by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE), which is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education for the accreditation of programs and institutions offering the Doctor of Chiropractic degree. As mentioned above, if your gpa is below a 3.0, but between a 2.75-2.99, you may be considered for admissions under the Alternative Admissions Track Plan (AATP). Students admitted under AATP will be given a personalized educational plan to optimize their opportunity for success. Call your Admissions Advisor at (800) 467-2252 to discuss your plan and see the Cleveland Catalog for further details.