MS in Health Education and Promotion
Make a healthy move with a Master of Science in Health Education and Promotion
Whether you’re yearning to become a Certified Health Educator, a Health Fitness Specialist, work in public health, or another type of professional health expert that requires a Master of Science in Health Education and Promotion, know that Cleveland University-Kansas City’s master’s program is one of the best and most convenient.
Benefits of our MS in Health Education and Promotion Program
- 100% online degree
- Experienced professors with advanced degrees
- Complimentary chiropractic care for you and your family
- Complimentary membership to the Cleveland Fitness Center
Enhance your health care career with CU-KC
Cleveland’s Master of Science in Health Education and Promotion offers expertise and convenience for professionals in this valued wellness field. Thinking about switching health care careers? Health Education and Promotion is a strong choice.
The job outlook for Heath Education and Promotion
Health educators and wellness practitioners motivate others to engage in health promotion and prevention activities. They create health-enhancing environments by initiating organizational and cultural change. They often work in a variety of settings including hospitals, nonprofit organizations, government, doctors’ offices, private businesses and colleges. The flexibility of the degree turns Health Education and Promotion students into sought after employees.
Health Education and Promotion Employment Facts:
- Employment of health educators and community health workers is projected to grow 13% from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations.
- 87% percent of employers surveyed are likely to increase their efforts related to wellness and health management as a response to the Affordable Care Act.
HEALTH EDUCATION AND PROMOTION DEGREE PROGRAM INFORMATION
Cleveland’s Master of Science in Health Education and Promotion (MSHEP) requires 36 hours of coursework, including 21 hours of core courses.
Getting the most out of your health education degree
The Health Education and Promotion core course block is designed to provide students with advanced study in the foundations, planning, implementation and evaluation of health education and promotion programs. These courses will be required in sequence and no transfer credits will be accepted for these hours.
Required courses for MSHEP
- Formal application to the program along with the non-refundable application fee
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Professional resume, including references
- A professional statement
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals other than references listed on resume
- A non-refundable tuition deposit, which is credited to the first trimester’s tuition, is required within 60 days after being accepted into the program
Students are asked to sit for the examination as a fulfillment of graduation requirements. Respected certifications include but are not limited to the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), Master CHES, American College of Sports Medicine Certified Health Fitness Specialist (ACSM HFS), Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Level 2 Diabetes Educator, or a Wellcoaches Certified Wellness Coach or Certified Health Coach.