AA in Biological Sciences

Start your health care education faster

The Associate of Arts in Biological Sciences at Cleveland University-Kansas City offers accelerated pre-allied health sciences and general education coursework that can be completed in less than two years. The associate degree program requires a minimum of 60 credit hours of post‐secondary coursework. Students are required to complete a minimum of 15 credit hours at Cleveland University-Kansas City.

Prepare for a career in the Allied Sciences

CU-KC’s Associate of Arts degree offers foundational learning and a challenging course load that prepares you to move into a rigorous allied health sciences curriculum, including Cleveland's Doctor of Chiropractic program. Your credits can be transferred to other institutions of higher learning in a variety of health-related fields, such as pre-nursing, pre-dental hygiene, pre-radiologic technologist, and pre-pharmacy technician to name a few.

You won't find health care education that's more versatile, flexible or practical.

CU-KC’s requirements for an Associate of Arts degree program

Admissions requirements for Cleveland's A.A. in Biological Sciences include:

  • An official high school transcript, or a copy of a high school diploma or GED.
  • A high school GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. (Waived if applicant has 24 post-secondary credit units.)

The Associates of Arts in Biological Sciences program is very appealing for those who want to get there faster. Ask an admissions advisor for more details about CU-KC’s on campus or online program and how our A.A. in Biological Sciences can work for you.

Degree Program Information

Required courses for the A.A. in Biological Sciences:

English Composition I or approved course - (3 hours)
College Algebra or higher math course - (3 hours)
Foundational Skills Electives* - (3 hours)
* Speech, Communications, English, Logic, Computer Basics, Foreign
Language, Statistics, Research or other approved coursework.

American History or American Government - (3 hours)
Psychology - (3 hours)
Humanities/Social Sciences - (9 hours)*

*Three credit hours must include an emphasis in diversity encompassing more than one perspective in the following areas: Culture, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Social Class, Race, Age, Ethnicity, Ability or Religion.

Biological Sciences with labs - (8 hours)
Inorganic or General Chemistry with labs - (8 hours)
Organic Chemistry with labs - (8 hours)
General Physics with labs - (8 hours)
Biological Science Elective - (4 hours)

Contact Us

Call Cleveland University-Kansas City Admissions at (800) 467-2252 with any questions, to schedule a campus tour or request an information packet.

Admission Requirements

Health, academics, and making a difference—That’s CU-KC.

We strive to select candidates who not only have a passion to be in health care, but those who are also academically ready for the rigor of our A.A. in Biological Sciences degree program. To learn more, see Cleveland’s admission guidelines below.

Associate of Arts degree candidates are required to submit:

  • An official high school transcript showing a date of graduation, or a GED credential certification or verification from an accredited appropriate home-school agency.
  • Official test scores, an ACT composite test score of 21 or above or an SAT composite test score of 1500 or above.

Provisional admissions

Applicants with 24 college credits do not have to submit ACT/SAT scores or a high school transcript, but must submit official post-secondary transcript(s) reflecting successful completion of at least 24 college units.

Students who do not meet the automatic admission requirements will be reviewed individually for possible admission on a trial basis. If admitted, students may be required to participate in an academic support program as a condition of their admission.

Contact Us

Call Cleveland University-Kansas City Admissions at (800) 467-2252 with any questions, to schedule a campus tour or request an information packet.

Application Procedures

Click below to apply online.

Apply Now

If you have not attended college, or you have fewer than 24 college credit hours, you must submit your high school or GED transcript and your ACT/SAT scores. All official college transcripts are required for all degree programs. Transcripts must be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.

Applicants for the A.A. program may be required to participate in a final interview prior to matriculation. Applicants will be notified in writing of the University's decision regarding admission.

International student applicants

  • Submit proof of proficiency in English, as required by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service, by completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a passing score of 550 or better (paper-based test), 79-80 (internet-based) or 213 or better (computer-based test). Testing information may be obtained by writing to TOEFL, Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08504. This requirement is waived if the applicant earned an undergraduate or advanced degree at an accredited institution in the United States.
  • Submit evidence of having the financial resources, or funding commitment, as required by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service, to complete a minimum of one calendar year of education (three trimesters).
  • Comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
  • Have their academic documents evaluated by World Education Service or a service approved by the Director of Admissions. Contact the Office of Admissions regarding evaluation service forms and procedures.
  • Meet the same educational requirements (or international equivalency) as United States citizens.
  • Submit proof of valid health insurance coverage.
  • Submit a copy of the page of the applicant’s valid passport including name, date of birth, passport number, expiration date, photo, and signature.

As of September 2004, the Department of Homeland Security requires all new I-20 students to pay an I-901 fee of $100 prior to applying for a VISA. Proof of payment is required at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

NOTE: If you currently have an I-20 and F-1 visa from another educational program, you may be eligible for a transfer I-20 and F-1 visa. Immediately notify your current institution of your intent to transfer. A letter of acceptance must be sent to your current institution in order to authorize your transfer as required by the Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (UCSIS). (Canadian citizens are not required to have a Visa to study in the U.S. The only document needed is the I-20.)

Powered by Finalsite