Financial Aid Process
Applying for financial aid and scholarships can seem overwhelming. Our financial aid specialists will help you evaluate the cost of your education, including the cost of financing it through grants, scholarships and Federal Student Aid programs. We can also assist you in determining your eligibility and in applying for financial aid.
To begin the financial aid process:
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and create a FSA ID used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites.
- Complete your Student Aid Report (SAR) by submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The School Code for Cleveland University-Kansas City is 014438.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office and meet with a specialist to discuss how you plan to use financial aid in financing your education.
- First-time Cleveland borrowers will need to complete a Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Federal Entrance Counseling at studentloans.gov.
- You will receive a notification when your financial aid funds have been awarded and are awaiting your approval.
- Current students approve your awards via Cleveland Connect (the student information portal).
- New students sign and return your award letter to approve your funds.
Or mail financial aid forms to:
Cleveland University-Kansas City
Financial Aid Office, 2nd Floor
10850 Lowell Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66210
Important application deadlines for financial aid documents and scholarships:
- Spring entry: November 1
- Summer entry: March 1
- Fall entry: July 1
Call: (913) 234-0736