Community & Amenities
From free tutoring to the finest lab facilities to a really great café: we offer everything our students need to succeed. The Cleveland Café is on level two of the main campus building located at 10850 Lowell Avenue in Overland Park Kansas.
- Educational Assistance
- Café Cleveland
- Fitness Center
- Success Strategies
- Hands-on education
- Discounted Tickets
- Dell Computer Discount
Sometimes you just need someone to listen. We offer counseling services to help with personal, academic and professional needs.
Cleveland University-Kansas City has entered into an agreement with the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) to provide free, confidential counseling services to its students. Students may contact UMKC directly at (816) 235-2725. Additional information about counseling services is available in the Office of Student Services.
Providing special educational assistance to individuals or groups of students outside of formal classroom instruction is integral to learning.
We offer academic support program that addresses several areas, including:
- Study skills
- Time-management skills
- Test-taking skills
- Learning styles assessment
- Student tutoring
Our students have access to tutoring at no charge. Tutors are available
for assistance in many subjects. Students access the current tutor list in the CUKC Student Resources section of the student portal. Contact email@example.com or call (913) 234-0649 for more information.
Café Cleveland is a unique combination of full-service food operations and a mini market that serves up a healthy variety of snack and meal options.
- Self-service mini market always available while campus is open.
- On-site, chef-prepared fresh, hot and cold foods available 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Market is stocked with fresh, nutritious food, snack selections and your favorite beverages.
- Honor purchase plan – cashless shopping
Cleveland is one of the oldest non-profit chiropractic colleges in America, relocated in 2008 to its stunning 34-acre campus in Overland Park, Kan. More than 90 years of Cleveland Chiropractic College history, tradition, knowledge and achievement went into the development of these state-of-the-science classrooms, labs and patient care facilities. Now, with Cleveland Chiropractic College as the foundation of Cleveland University-Kansas City, all of these advancements serve as the cornerstone for the continuing expansion of Cleveland University’s success in education, research and patient care.
In line with the commitment to wellness and health promotion, the Cleveland Fitness Center is available on campus for the exclusive use of students and employees, as well as for spouses and children (age 18 or older). The fitness center includes free weights, weight machines, treadmills, ellipticals and other cardio-related machines.
Fitness Center Hours:
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Research Support. Our library houses research tools for conducting online literature searches and retrieving full-text articles. Library staff provides training in using PubMed and other databases, and instructs users on constructing search strategies and evaluating search results.
- Inter-Library Loans and Document Delivery. The Inter-library loan service is an easy way for users to gain access to books and journals not owned by the library. This service is provided at no charge to our community.
- Current Awareness. Our Library provides a TOC (table of contents) service to University faculty and administrators.
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Special hours during the trimester breaks are posted onsite.
The Success Strategies program provides our students and graduates the skills and services they need to succeed in the real world of private practice.
"Success Strategies" are provided in the following areas:
- Career counseling (mentorships, goal setting, resumé and curriculum vitae writing, interviewing techniques, etc.)
- Demographic studies
- Business and marketing plans
- Practice management resources
- Business success skills
- New doctor seminars
- Information exchange with recent graduates
- Identifying practice opportunities (associateships, partnerships, practices for sale, space for rent, equipment for sale)
- Networking opportunities with alumni and other field practitioners
- Gaining state licensure
- Training in areas such as patient education, health presentations to the public and spinal screenings
Located on campus, our Chiropractic Health Center provides care to thousands of patients each year. Student interns treat a variety of health issues at the health center, which provides a wide-range of clinical experiences. The training received in an actual clinic environment is crucial to the development of our students both personally and professionally.
Health Center offerings include:
- Affordable chiropractic care for people of all ages
- Adjunctive therapy and rehabilitation for athletes of all ages
- Sports physicals at competitive prices
- Free and community wellness seminars & health fairs
- Complimentary scoliosis screening for children
Learning is not limited to our campus. You will have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge base by pursuing internships at off-site health centers in the Kansas City area including:
- Kansas City CARE Clinic
Cleveland University-Kansas City is a member of the Dell University technology purchase program. This program offers Cleveland students special discounts and offers not available to the general public on notebooks and desktop computers, printers, and other technology items. To access the Dell site, click on the link below or call (888) 987-3355 and refer to Member ID: US24506328 to take advantage of these special offers!