Consumer Information

Cleveland University-Kansas City provides the following policies & information for public view:

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

Copyright Infringement Policy

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Social Media Policy

Financial Aid - Code of Conduct

CUKC 2016 Annual Campus Safety & Security Report

Notice of Patient Privacy Practices

CUKC Student Performance Data

Workplace Health Promotion Disclosure

Statement of Non-Discrimination
Cleveland University-Kansas City believes in the principle and practice of equal employment opportunity and equal educational opportunity. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation or preference, disability, pregnancy, Vietnam-era or other military status, or any other legally protected status in its admission, treatment and evaluation of students or in its hiring, supervision, evaluation, placement, training or promotion of employees.

The academic dean has been designated by the University to coordinate this institution’s efforts to comply with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act. Persons may also contact the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, in Washington, D.C.

This policy applies in all matters, including admission and education of students; availability of student loans, grants, scholarships and job opportunities; employment and promotion of teaching and non-teaching personnel; and student and faculty housing situated on premises that is owned or occupied by the University.

Statement of Principles
Cleveland University-Kansas City adheres to the “Statement of Principles of Good Practice” put forth by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC). To review those principles, click here.

Voter Registration
Cleveland University-Kansas City encourages all students 18 and over to exercise their right to vote. For information regarding voter registration, go to the United States Election Assistance Commission site.

Complaint Processes

Persons who have complaints against the University should first contact the appropriate department head, i.e., for academic related concerns, the Vice President for Academic Affairs; for financial related concerns, the Chief Finance and Operations Officer; for student life issues, the Director of Student Services, for all other grievances contact the Vice President of Campus and Alumni Relations.

Persons who have complaints that are broader in scope and relate to possible accreditation issues should contact The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The instructions for filing a complaint are in the attached Adobe Acrobat document: Higher Learning Complaint Process.

Students who are taking online courses while living in a state that participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) should contact the Kansas Board of Regents using the following KBOR Complaint Process for SARA Members. Kansas residents should contact the Kansas Independent College Association.

All other students should follow the process for complaints in their state of residence, found at Complaint Process by State.

Most external complaint processes require that all avenues of complaint are exhausted internally to the institution before a grievance will be considered.

Powered by Finalsite