Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician Program
Dr. William Moreau, is vice president of sports medicine at the United States Olympic Committee and coordinates the CCSP program in conjunction with CUKC.
“Those who do choose to engage in obtaining a certificate of additional qualification in sports chiropractic from the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians are setting themselves apart in the field of chiropractic,” Moreau said. “Our careers should embrace lifelong learning, and it makes sense to focus this learning on the hottest area of specialty in the field – sports chiropractic.”
CCSP Program in 2019
The Spine, Concussion and Team Physician Concepts
Darren Hancock, DC, DACBSP®
Chiropractic Management of the Extremities
Joel Dekanich, DC, BSN, MS, DACBSP®, CSCS
Emergency Procedures (Mandatory Session)
Jenna Street, ATC
Correlative Case Studies in Sports Chiropractic
Perry Williams, DC, DACBSP®
$2,500 for full program registration includes 50 live hours and 50 online hours. CEUs for live hours are available through Cleveland University-Kansas City (for select states).
We offer a payment plan of five monthly payments of $500.
For those seeking to RENEW their CCSP®
Please contact Cleveland University-Kansas City Campus and Alumni Relations at 1-800-969-2701, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Times & Location
Courses held Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
at Cleveland University-Kansas City located at 10850 Lowell Ave., Overland Park, KS 66210.
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician Program Details
The CCSP® certification requires post-graduate education in chiropractic sports medicine or a closely related discipline. Licensed doctors of chiropractic who satisfy one of the following, and are able to provide official documentation demonstrating such, are eligible to take the CCSP examination:
- Completed a minimum of 100 hours of postgraduate education in the Certified Chiropractic Sports Physicians® program from an accredited chiropractic college.
- Possess a current Athletic Trainer (ATC) Certification
- Completed a Master of Science (MS) program in exercise and sport science or equivalent program from an accredited college
- Completed the first year of a sports medicine residency program with an accredited college
All registered doctors will have until June 30, 2020 to complete online hours. Each registrant will receive a unique login and password to access and complete coursework at their own pace until the deadline.
All candidates must have completed a post-graduate level hands-on emergency procedures course and a healthcare-provider level CPR certification course with a hands-on component as part of their program of study or in addition to their program. Online CPR courses that do not include a live, practical component are not acceptable. Candidates must provide documentation of successful completion of both courses prior to sitting for the exam. The CPR certification must be valid on the exam date.
Once these requirements are met the doctor may submit an application to the ACBSP™ national office to take the CCSP written exam. The exam consists of 250 multiple-choice questions and is administered in two parts on the same day. The entire exam including the instruction period and mid-exam break is typically scheduled for a five-hour period on a weekend day.
The ACBSP™ CCSP® Examination Policy and form can be found at www.acbsp.com.
- Approval has been received from the following state boards:
- Applications have been submitted to the following state boards, approval pending: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas.
- The following chiropractic state boards do not provide seminar approvals and/or approval codes. They accept CEU hours from seminars sponsored by CCE accredited chiropractic colleges (like us) meeting the appropriate standards: Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wyoming.
For more information, you can reach Cleveland University-Kansas City’s Campus and Alumni Relations at (800) 969-2701, or via email at email@example.com. For more about DConline, please visit DConline.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty at Cleveland University-Kansas City must register by phone at ext. 1623 (913-234-0623) to receive a discounted rate.
DConline classes are in no way associated with the ACBSP® in any shape or form. The success of your written project by the ACBSP® will depend on many considerations including but not limited to past learning experiences, preparation, and other immeasurable factors. The course is offered to you as a way to prepare for the written requirement with no guarantee of your individual outcome on the submission you provide. DConline is not affiliated with the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians®, Inc. ACBSP®, CCSP® and DACBSP® are protected marks owned and maintained by the ACBSP®.