Living in Overland Park, Kansas, while attending the CUKC College of Chiropractic, you get the best of both worlds. There is the busy city life just north in Kansas City’s many areas, but there are also plenty of small towns minutes away to the south.
Fall is my favorite time of year in Overland Park. While I’m not quite a pumpkin spice, latte kind of girl, I do enjoy other things that come along with it, such as tailgating for football games, pumpkin patches with apple cider doughnuts and haunted houses.
I’ve compiled a short list below of some of my favorite fall activities here around Cleveland.
1. Louisburg Cider Mill – Located in Louisburg, KS on 80-acres, Clevelanders love getting their fill of fresh-squeezed apple cider, cider doughnuts, and tasty homemade treats in the Country Store. They can also venture out to select the perfect pumpkin from a local pumpkin patch or get lost in a corn maze.
2. Kansas City Chiefs Football – Whether you go to watch the game on Sunday or attend the pep rally on Friday, football is in the air all weekend long in Kansas City. Every year Cleveland has an event at Arrowhead Stadium where for a discounted price, students get the opportunity to cheer on our hometown team and enjoy socializing outside of school.
3. Haunted Houses – The haunted houses in Kansas City are infamous and consistently voted as some of the top haunted houses in the United States. The Beast, The Edge of Hell, Macabre Cinema and The Chambers of Edgar Allen Poe are sure to terrify you long after you have left. Cleveland offers discounted tickets to The Beast, where students can navigate through a true 4D experience that includes movie-quality special effects, holograms, props, animatronics and a real alligator.
4. The American Royal – There are plenty of fall events all around Overland Park, but The American Royal is one of the best. Located in Kansas City, it offers the world’s largest barbecue contest, livestock exhibitions, and professional rodeos. While fall is my favorite season, BBQ is definitely my favorite food, so this is just a dream combination.
5. The Kansas City Royals – The past few years have been memorable, to say the least. What we call Blue October looks pretty good in Kansas City and has become of a tradition. Restaurants and bars for miles around have fans packed in, all cheering for our hometown MLB team. And if the game is on during the day, you can catch students on the edge of their seats in CUKC’s Dining and Assembly Hall, watching it.
Becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) at CUKC
Cleveland University-Kansas City (CUKC) is a private, nonprofit university specializing in chiropractic and the health sciences. Our chiropractic history started in 1922, and today, more than one out of every 10 chiropractors in the United States have earned a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from our College of Chiropractic.
In addition to a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree, you can complete in 3.3 years, some students choose a concurrent B.S./Chiropractic degree (D.C.) program that can reduce the amount of time in school by up to a year.
The CUKC campus is in Overland Park, Kansas, a Kansas City area suburb of 190,000 people. Overland Park is recognized for its family-friendliness and livability.
Find out why becoming a chiropractor is an excellent fit for today’s healthcare environment. Get the free ebook right now: Your Complete Guide to the Chiropractic Profession.