When Cleveland cancels classes on a Friday I love to see what the city has to offer.
In between classes, tests and seminars it’s always nice to have a break. It’s even better when you can celebrate the Fourth of July at the same time. When Cleveland cancels classes on a Friday I love to see what the city has to offer. Living on a student’s budget doesn’t allow a lot of us to have the privilege of partaking in all of the holiday’s activities; fireworks and apartments don’t exactly mix. There are however several different opportunities around the Kansas City area for all ages to celebrate Independence Day. The list below has everything thing from parades and food trucks to live music and fireworks all within a short distance of Cleveland’s campus.
1. Corporate Woods Star Spangled Spectacular, Overland Park, KS: Vendors, live music and children’s activities with fireworks and more live music.
2. July 4 Celebration, Gardner, KS: features food vendors and music by the Rankin Twins and Big Time Grain Company, followed by fireworks.
3. Flags 4 Freedom, Merriam, KS: Flag display and also farmer’s market and concerts.
4. Village Fest, Prairie Village, KS: Children’s parade and other children’s activities, plus crafters and a pie-baking contest.
5. Kansas City Royals Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular, Kansas City, MO: Kauffman Stadium, Fireworks after the 6:15 p.m. game between Royals and Minnesota Twins.
6. KC Riverfest, Kansas City, MO: Children’s activities and two live music stages. Fireworks at dusk.
7. Celebrate America, Kansas City, MO: Worlds of Fun is celebrating America the whole month of July with a huge fireworks show on Friday, July 4 plus every Friday and Saturday in July!!
These are only a few of the options that the Kansas City area has to offer this weekend. I may not make it to all of them, but I plan on enjoying my break from classes to the fullest.