Coming back to classes at Cleveland University-Kansas City from winter break isn’t easy.
The first week of classes in January leaves students drained and needing more naps than ever before. Staying motivated is not easy and with classes, homework, tests, and upcoming boards, there really isn’t time to ease into anything. Here are a few tried and true tips to succeed this trimester:
1. Set realistic smaller goals. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and procrastinate. Break your goals into smaller parts and tackle them one by one.
2. Write down your goals. Studies have shown that people who write down their goals are more likely to accomplish them.
3. Get organized. Buy a planner, use highlighters or Post-its, whatever you need to stay on top of your busy schedule.
4. Set specific deadlines. This will help with that nasty thing called procrastination.
5. Surround yourself with positive people. Energy is contagious, positive, and negative alike.
6. Limit your television time. A few hours here and there can add up quickly.
7. Go to bed earlier. A little extra sleep never hurt anyone.
8. Know your productive hours. Practicing self-awareness will pay off. If you know the mornings are your most efficient hours, don’t put off work until the evening.
9. Reward yourself. Don’t forget about your successes, you’ve worked hard for everything you’ve earned. Positive reinforcement will do wonders for your productivity.
10. Remember your “why.” No one signs up for chiropractic school because it’s convenient or they have nothing better to do.
Good luck with the upcoming trimester!
Becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) at CUKC
Cleveland University-Kansas City (CUKC) is a private, nonprofit university specializing in chiropractic and the health sciences. Our chiropractic history started in 1922, and today, more than one out of every 10 chiropractors in the United States have earned a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from our College of Chiropractic.
In addition to a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree you can complete in 3.3 years, some students choose a concurrent B.S./Chiropractic degree (D.C.) program that can reduce the amount of time in school by up to a year.
The CUKC campus is in Overland Park, Kansas, a Kansas City area suburb of 190,000 people. Overland Park is recognized for its family-friendliness and livability.
Find out why becoming a chiropractor is an excellent fit for today’s healthcare environment. Get the free ebook right now: Your Complete Guide to the Chiropractic Profession.